Us Three, plus one!

Us Three, plus one!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014-New Year, New Word

I felt the need to post this afternoon and realized it was Wednesday, January 2, 2013 since the last time I did! Does blogging need to be my New Year's Resolution? Oops!

A lot of the ladies I follow through social media do this thing each New Year.  They chose a word to define their year, and that was good and fun for them.  A few examples of such words I had seen were balance, faith, diligence, pursue, positive, and all those feel good words.  Well I woke up this morning after Roman sleeping until 8:30 and felt good.  Enjoyed the morning, sat down for lunch, and broke down.  I cried. I cried while I ate. I cried while I talked.  I then cried while I took a shower.  It could be the fact that I stayed up until midnight and I'm not used to seeing 10:30 pm, or that I'm pregnant cause that's a valid excuse for anything. But I believe it was more than that.  I feel God laid on my heavy heart to embrace the new year and not be weighed down with burdens or anxieties that I can lay before Jesus and he so graciously helps me carry them. So this year I will chose to...


Embrace...
Jesus like never before,
Embrace...
God's word and dive deeply into it,
Embrace...
God's grace and fully accept it,
Embrace...
God's goodness and remember He is on my team, He is for me, He is my helper and my truest friend and I need to take advantage of that and not try to do it all on my own, 
Embrace...
the relationship God has grown between Jason & I and continue to build on it,
Embrace...
loving on Roman and watching him grow and develop,
Embrace... 
soaking up these few months before Andie arrives and changes our family dynamic,
Embrace...
the family I've been given and loving them well all the time,
Embrace...
each moment I'm in and not get wrapped up in the next thing or expectations that might let me down but enjoy where I'm at now,
Embrace...
friends that I've been given and cultivate those relationships more deeply, both near & far,
Embrace...
the fact that Roman is growing up quickly and use that bittersweet thought to make my time more meaningful with him,
Embrace...
the fact that Jason is right about a lot more than I ever want to admit to him and I'm wrong a whole lot too. (sorry babe)
Embrace...
my new role as Andie Grace's mom and welcoming a baby girl into the family,
Embrace...
every person God's placed in my life and let me not take advantage of them but rather embrace them and let them know they are loved,
Embrace...
the good and the bad in every circumstance and know that everything has the opportunity to draw us closer to Jesus.
Embrace...
our current situation because this is what God has for us for this season and for a specific purpose and let us find joy in the waiting,
Embrace...
the task of being more intentional in all areas of my life,
Embrace...
the strength to not be passive but instead take action and make things happen,
To Embrace...
turning away from evil and not speaking hurtful things, to do good, and to seek peace.

1 Peter 3:10-11
"Whoever wants to embrace life and see the day fill up with good, Here's what you do: Say nothing evil or hurtful;  Snub evil and cultivate good; run after peace for all you're worth."  (The Message)

"For "Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it." (ESV)

Jesus thank you for loving us and saving us 
because that was enough, and help me to embrace everything else
 I've been given because it's all a gift from you.

Will you embrace this new year with me and live in the moment 
and strive to not just be better this year,
 but more like Jesus in all that we do?

Now I am going to embrace the tiny voice I hear making 
monster growls in his bed after nap time because that's his way of asking 
to watch Monsters Inc. toy reviews on Shoo Tube(You Tube), so very thankful!





No comments:

Post a Comment